Activities & dementia coordinator
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs. Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as an Activities Co-ordinator
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. Working as an Activities Co-ordinator is not only varied and interesting, it’s incredibly rewarding. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home. We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Activities Co-ordinator in Camden.
Salary: £24190 pro rata
Working Hours: 19 hours per week, (3 days) Flexibility required
You will provide support, information and guidance to people with Dementia helping to maintain their independence, improving their sense of well-being and putting them in more control of their lives. This role will assist people with dementia to identify their needs and access to services.
Your duties will include:
- Developing and overseeing an active living programme for each resident, which supports mobility, social contact, independence and fun.
- Collaborating with the nursing and senior staff to make an assessment of strengths and capabilities of each resident in regards to activities of daily living.
- Ensuring that any risk assessments have been carried out prior to any new planned activity or event.
- Devising simple and safe activities which encourage movement and maintain joint flexibility and functional use of hands and fingers in activities.
- Actively encouraging residents to get more out of life emotionally, physically and intellectually.
- Working with customers, family and friends to develop personalised care plans which go beyond meeting customers basic physical care needs and achieving their aspirations.
- Maintaining and managing appropriate systems to record and monitor 1-1 and group activities
- Ensuring Dementia assessments, care and risk planning meets best practice and customers’
What you will need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will genuinely care about people, be friendly and committed, and help our residents lead
enjoyable and active lives. We’re looking for a caring, empathetic individual to ensure an activity plan is in place which is varied, exciting and dynamic to get the whole community buzzing.
The role is varied and challenging requiring you to provide a varied range of round the clock support and assistance.
The successful candidate will: