360 Recruitment are a specialist Technology recruiter, currently recruiting for two Java Application Consultants to join a leading Cloud Services Company in the UK.
Java Application Consultant X2
(If your salary requirements are higher, we are still keen to hear from you)
£50,000 to £65,000
25 Days Holiday
Permanent Role – Full-time
About the role:
- Will operate as a software consultant within our Software Services capability within a team that provides software development and 3rd line support of high volume/low latency business critical enterprise applications whilst delivering to a single customer.
- You will work in collaboration with other application leads to drive knowledge sharing and best practices.
- You will be the technical owner of a subset of highly critical customer applications.
- You will work closely with our Architecture and Design community to ensure that applications are developed in line with customer functional/non-functional requirements whilst providing a fantastic experience to our customers and 3rd parties.
- You will liaise and coordinate with 3rd parties to ensure a successful end to end delivery of solutions to our customers.
- As part of the wider team, you will provide 3rd line support for multiple applications to ensure that any service-related issues are managed effectively and adhered to customer SLA’s.
Scope & Key responsibilities:
- Drives a customer centric forward-thinking culture within the team.
- Communicating at both project and strategic levels with customers.
- Working in collaboration within our team to ensure that we provide a best in class service.
- Act as a Customer/Customer 3rd Party Liaison.
- Translating solution design and business requirements (both functional and non-functional) into high quality solutions, ensuring compliance with the organisations strategy, policies and standards whilst aligning to our “Centre of Excellence.”
- Ensuring that application development leads to successful delivery and operation
- Takes responsibility for identifying, qualifying and mitigating risks.
- Providing 3rd line specialist support of the applications (Code, Networking, Server/OS) to support customer operations and test teams.
- Maintaining, applying and sharing broad industry knowledge and technical awareness to maintain best practice and be a recognised subject matter expert within the organisation.
- Assisting in preparation of technical programme/project plan estimates.
- Monitoring development progress to ensure software releases are delivered to a high quality and to deadlines, informing project management of major technical issues and making recommendations on their resolution
Skills & Experience:
You will have experience working with Enterprise Level High Volume/Low Latency Applications. Experience with Java 1.4 – 1.8 Application Design, Development, Build, Test, and Release is also required along with experience in Interface Design, Build, Implementation and Test.
You will also be able to demonstrate previous experience of: –
- Network and Server Design and Support.
- Ability to support test and defect resolution.
- Server operating system (Unix/Linux) and network troubleshooting.
- Data Modelling to ensure compliance with the required application models. (Erwin).
- Java Application Support and ability to interrogate code at a forensic level.
- Experience in working with code repositories such as Subversion and Maven.
- Networking & Application Security.
- 3rd Line Operational Support of Live Managed Services.
- Working knowledge of ITIL methodologies.
- Liaison with Architecture and Solution Design.
- Oracle v11 gr2 Database Development SME.
If the role of Java Application Consultant is right for you, please forward your CV to us and a specialist recruiter will be in contact with you immediately.